Good diet, medical care, and other factors are allowing us to a live longer life. But our teeth have not adapted to the same longer life span and need help to last as long as we expect. In order to maintain a good oral hygiene, prevention is always better than cure. Manning Valley Dental can help you with preventive dental care program. Prevent gum diseases and enjoy good health for your teeth. Contact us for a preventive dental care program.
- Comfortable to wear and easier denture to adapt.
- Specifically designed to each mouth.
- Better fitting and more precise than acrylic or plastic partial denture.
- Smaller, thinner and more streamlined and good grip (retention).
- Very strong.
- Patients have good confidence in wearing them.
- Clasps can easily be tightened to increase the grip.
- More expensive initially and when any changes need to be done.
- Some changes are difficult to do, (such as adding teeth), this depends on the design and a remake is occasionally needed.
- Problems with natural teeth such as fractured fillings will affect the fit of the framework.
- Can be bent if dropped on floor and will need to be remade
More tricky to make difficult to adjust if doesn’t fit.
Full dentures replace a full arch of missing teeth to restore chewing and facial appearance. A denture can be constructed to replace missing top teeth, missing bottom teeth, or both. If you already have a denture or dentures, construction of new dentures is relatively easy.
Preliminary impressions are made from which more exact impression trays are designed and fabricated. These trays are used to make a final master impression, from which the denture will be made. Expect to make several visits with us, as the dentures can take few weeks to settle in the mouth.
Do not expect the new dentures to fit the same as your old ones. If you have recently had one or a few teeth extracted, or are having a full denture made after wearing a removable partial denture, you will need more time to adjust to the new full denture. It can take 3 to 6 months for soft tissue to heal and reshape itself fully after an extraction. Many times, a denture is made before this time period has elapsed. Expect to have more sore spots and more adjustments before the denture feels comfortable.
You may also expect to have the denture relined after a few months to compensate for that tissue change.